Tuesday, August 2, 2016

8-1-2016

 Man, I wish that you guys could be here and try all the different foods... the fruit here is always so delicious. Though I learned something really kind of weird this week... they like to dip their fruit (like pineapples and mangos) in either salt or suka (kind of like spicy vinegar) and to me... I don't really like that, I like the fruit without making it taste like saltwater ;)
But there's a lot of good fruit that doesn't need it :)P I'm so happy to hear how the week has been and the you guys have been having time with Dexter! Don't worry you guys, I do pray about you guys and I know that as long as we trust in the Lord... everything is going to turn out for the best :)
I DID get the package this week on Tuesday when the Office Elders came to empty out the other apartment. And I have to say it was the best, those shirts are super nice quality and I think that the journal is going to last the rest of my mission. So thank you guys so so much :) You want to know something crazy? I don't think that Good and Plenty has ever tasted so good in my whole entire life... I mean I don't think I've even had that candy in like 9 months now... thats so crazy! Time is literally just flying by and I can hardly believe that Elder I is going to be getting home really soon :O 
Is it bad that I kind of chuckled at the fact that somehad had the idea of having a fart protest... that sounds like something that I would do ;) #FOL umut-ot nang lakas ;) That means Fart out loud in Tagalog... just saying xD
Anyway though, this has been one heck of a crazy week! So first off is the big news that last Monday for some reason they started transfers a week early and Elder A has officially been transferred to another area. The time with him had been super fun though :) My new companion is named Elder A, it's really funny though now because we're pretty much opposites physically! He's a dark, short, 26 year old Filipino and here I am... the kind of white, tall, 18 year old American. What a companionship xD  But seriously, he is such a funny guy... I don't think that I've met someone who can manage to have a smile on his face in just about any situation. So we get along pretty well.
However, that transfer pretty much messed up our whole week with work otherwise, because all of the sudden my area has literally doubled in size and we have investigators and people all over the place. It's really been a lot of figuring out what we're going to do and how we're going to manage such a large area. So that'll be a whole lot of fun :)
Anyway though, my exciting news is that we had our baptism on Saturday for D and it was such a spiritual experience. I could really feel like she was ready to enter into that covenant with our Heavenly Father :) I feel so grateful to have played a part in her own personal conversion!! The other bit of great news is that we had an interview for E on Saturday and he passed with almost no problem! (Our Zone Leader was kind of concerned with WOW but then we talked about it and he has no problem as herbal tea is okay) Hehe. So that means that this coming Saturday is going to be another crazy day because we have the baptism for E and then the interview for another one of our investigators, J!! Haha, what I had started to realize is that I had been working really hard with Elder A for the last like 10 weeks planting seeds which are growing into amazing fruit. Truly the field IS white and is ready to harvest, all that we need to do is to follow the counsel of Doctrine and Covenants and thrust in my sickle with my might so that I may help people to come into the fold of our Lord :)
Anyway though, I don't really have to much time left to be able to email... so thank goodness that I took a BUNCH of pictures this week! We finally have a Baguio and it rained quite literally all day yesterday... but we walked on this really cool path to get to an investigators home :P I got my feet SOAKED... and I need to buy new shoes. So that's fun ;)

Love yah guys so much,














~Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment