Sunday, July 31, 2016

7-25-2016

Dear family
That is one of the awesomest shirts ever! It's super funny to to me because there are so many goats here in the Philippines, just about everyone owns at LEAST one. So I get to see them all the time! I also love the picture of the chicken... the sad part is that a chicken could probably make a better President that some people... ;)
You guys have no idea how many stories I have that I can tell... the problem is that there is only one hour to be able to send them, so one day I'll just have to tell them in person. But for now they're being written in my journal :)
It's been so awesome to hear about how the week has been for you guys, it made me laugh especially in hearing about Primary and how you've been handling that... I don't think that there are many people who can deal with little crazy kids than my mommy :)  (Here's a Tagalog word: makulit... it basically means like rowdy, crazy, energetic... like that!)
That was such a powerful poem that you sent to me, and it is so true... I feel like that is how the world is and very well describes what it is like with the Atonement. I notice especially that it wasn't until after he had done all he can that the Lord sent down a rope, I'm sure that the Lord would have enough rope to just help everyone out of the hole. (He does have all that power) But we can only use that power if we ourselves are doing all we can to access it :)
Now... for this week...
 I am honestly amazed at how fast this week has flown by, it feels like just yesterday I was sitting down to type and send the most recent happenings here in the Tayug area! This week has been fun and full of interesting moments, too bad I don't have time to send everything! xD
So first off I suppose is that we will be having a baptism this Saturday for our investigator, D! It has been so fun teaching her because she honestly just soaks up the gospel like a sponge... what a unique and fun experience this is to be serving here!
We will also have the interview for E this coming Saturday, for some reason all he really wanted was to wait until August for his baptism... which honestly confused us, but I suppose that that was his choice, we have just been working around what is best for him! However, I am so happy to have been helping to teach him because it has been some 3 years of being taught by the missionaries but for some reason hasn't progressed until just recently! And he came to church again this last Sunday :D
Sino pa? T family! This is the part member family that I have been telling you guys about and they are really really receptive to the gospel. They've been coming to church too, which is super fun because this is one of the nicest families that I have met here :)
My crazy story for this week is that we had to drop one of our investigators because she quite basically asked me and my companion on a double date and when we explained why not she just kept forcing us... and then told us that she is "forbidden" to come to our church unless we first get close to her, needless to say though we learned though family that she is kind of crazy. it does hurt though that we had to drop someone for that sort of reason, but that's just the mission rules :)P
And earlier we had a Zone activity here at the Tayug chapel! We all got together wearing our Zone T-shirt (because the shirts here are cheap enough that we can all buy them) and played Rugby! The reasoning is that our Zone Leader, Elder L, is from New Zealand and all the Filipinos wanted to play something from another country... so we played Rugby (two hand touch, since real rugby can be kind of violent...) but it was so much fun :D
ps- I am so out of shape, hahahahahaha... I need to start running or something!
I love being a missionary so much, and right now I am so grateful to be here and serving for the Lord!
Love you guys so much,
Elder Morris

ps- The foresty pictures were when we went proselyting in this totally forest area which was so fun!
I also had the opportunity to eat DRAGON FRUIT. Which is probably the most delicious fruit on this planet xD
And the picture with the guinea pig just has a funny story... we were teaching an investigator and his kid comes in after the lesson with this guinea pig and we of course just ask to hold it. Soon after that picture was taken, Elder A got peed on by the guinea pig and had to work the rest of the day with it looking like he peed in his pants! It was pretty hilarious xD 








No comments:

Post a Comment