Sunday, July 10, 2016

7-4-2016

Happy Fourth of July!!! :D I'm sad to hear that you guys are likely to have rain there... in case you want to feel jealous, just remember that today here is actually really sunny and warm ;) I think that my appreciation for America has actually increased a LOT since coming here to the Philippines because I see the differences in the country and my own patriotism has increased so much :) I would have been so happy to have received my package today on July 4th... but it still hasn't come... to be honest I don't even remember when it was sent! Isn't it so funny how stuff like that just takes SO LONG to make it here? But it's okay, I always tell myself "maybe next week"! Just don't send anything to me in mail for like the last 6 months of my mission since it probably wouldn't get here xD
Anyway, I don't mind being blind because there are some things here that I just prefer not to be able to see.... (example: bakla. Or gay guys who dress and try to act like girls... it's really uncomfortable to have them talk to you :P)
Y'all need to start cutting wood! This is the coming winter will be the first that I won't be able to help you with... time to call on Jacob to fill in for me ;) It's so awesome to hear about your celebration and the animals... how is Sammy doing? I haven't heard from him in a while? :( Is he still preparing for a mission?....is he growing a beard...?
I realized from the pictures how much everyone is growing up... that's so crazy! STOP GETTING OLDER ADAM AND PETER. You both need to stay the two little goofballs forever. 
It's funny that you mentioned my mission call and reading that I would learn the preach the gospel in the T-AH-GAH-LOG language.... we all were laughing about how it doesn't even sound like a language and just yesterday I was reading the Tagalog Preach my Gospel and realized that I can understand this language and actually reflected back to that day and to the first day when I looked at the language and literally everything looked like jibberish xD To be honest though, a lot of the words are still pretty much jibberish and weird to me!!
If you guys want something fun to say.... Pitongpu't pitong puting pato.  (seventy seven white ducks)
Ang umpisa ng bagong transfer dito sa Pilipinas kung saan ang bagong pagkakataon ay nandito sa akin para magbahagi ng mensaheng ito sa bawat tao!! :D The start of a new transfer here in the Philippines where a new opportunity is here for me to share this message to all people!
 This week has been fun, and we've been having a great time and opportunity to find new people to teach!  Even though the heat has been relentless a few times... to be honest this weather is kinda weird. It can literally rain for like 20 minutes the hardest I have ever seen and then stop and all of the sudden be sunny, so that was fun... but here basically starts the rainy season and we've been getting the rain. It's not bad though because for some reason the rain here is really cold...  like the rest of the water.... like the shower xD
Anyway, we've still been teaching E and yesterday was supposed to be his interview. But it didn't continue for the sole reason that our District Leader wants to have his baptism announced in church... which is really sad because now I think E is discouraged and he told us that maybe next month he'll try again. He had his baptismal date pushed back like 3 times now... which is really sad, so we'll teach him and talk to him this week about that. And we will hopefully have his baptism this coming Saturday. Our other investigator is so awesome, D... she's practically a member who just hasn't been baptized yet! This week she'll be going to Seminary with the students here (at like 5pm.... they don't do early morning, SWERTY SILA. (they are lucky!))
I've had a fun time doing OYMs this week and talking to some random people: This one lady wasnt like rude... but it was crazy. So she's sitting here on a bench doing absolutely NOTHING and so I do what anybody would do and talk to her right? Maybe it was a bad idea because she goes on about how she's all busy and like I ask for her name but literally she says she's busy and stuff.... whatttt? I think though that's like only the 3rd time that anyone has done something like that to me when I've talked to them... the culture here is just about that if I were to walk up to someone and ask if I can share a message with them, they'll say yes 9 our of 10 times!
But anyway, this is all kind of random. Sorry xD But it''s really been so much fun here and I feel so blessed every day to be a part of this work! I'm sorry though if sometime there will be a time I won't email at all... rainy season has started which  means typhoons will start too... that'll be fun ;)
This week there has been one thing that I have learned that's really stuck with me... and that is the power of the Atonement and love that comes through the knowledge of the gospel that casts out fear in life. Fear of death, fear of loneliness, fear of man, fear of judgement, fear of the dark! fear of anything.... it's all overcome if we have the faith and knowledge that comes from this message, there is nothing else in this life that can offer that... or even pretend to offer something like that :)
Well, I love you guys so much... and I love America! So enjoy your fourth of July!!! Since I guess it's like 1am there now XD I sent out a letter today... so maybe you guys will get it one day :)P 
Love you guys,
~Elder Isaac Morris
PS_ Sorry for no pictures or the Kamusta video... so I'll be sure to do that this week and send it to you guys next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment