Sunday, January 17, 2016

Isaacs first baptism

I love getting y'alls emails :) I've had another interesting food this week... though I don't really remember what it was called... so I'll try to get the name for yah next week :) It's funny that you bring up my pants... because that reminded me to tell you that I'm actually starting to develop a rice gut xD xD It's so crazy to be here and have rice with all of the meals just about... oh well! Anyway, it's really an awesome opportunity to have lessons with investigators every single day and help them to come unto Christ! The only problem is that nobody every follows through with commitments  so even if they commit to baptism, they still have to do a bunch of other stuff!
Something that might be good for a package would be the plantain anti itch stuff you always made, or a recipe or something! I've been getting home every evening with some 3 or 4 new mosquito bites! (word of the week Lamok- mosquito and Manok- chicken) And maybe also... I don't know! There's not really much that I can't get out here, and for a cheaper price than back home in the states! A haircut was 38 pesos... so less than a dollar :O Oh my gosh, I heard from the Utah parents some unofficial news, which is so so exciting! I think my favorite part about all that is that they're always going to have that hilarious story about how they met xD xD It's also so great that you guys got to go do a temple session with S, I bet that was a neat experience :) 
So, this week isn't really much different from last week! I don't really know where to begin, so I think I'm just going to kind of ramble on about a bunch of different experiences! So we walk just about all day every day here, or ride jeepneys around... which is really fun but it takes a long time, every day is pretty hot and dry, which actually reminds me that it has not rained since I got here... not going to lie, I expected a lot of rain!!! Anyway, so we were teaching this investigator the Restoration, this was our first appointment... and it was so awesome, we extended a baptismal invitation for sometime in February (because of the baptismal requirements here for people) and he literally said yes and then proceeded to ask what time it would be!! (Of course though, that was all in Tagalog so I didn't understand too much... but I got the point :)P) Other than that... this week was pretty long and I'm coming along a little bit better in the language now :)
Oh, one more thing that I really really have learned... Filipinos are not afraid to point out a big pimple on someones face... xD
I'm having such a wonderful time out here though, as long as each day is... at the end I always feel like there's never enough time in the day to actually get everything done!!
Well, that's all! I love you guys so much, can't wait to hear from you next week :)
Love,
Elder Morris


Wow, it sounds like your week has been really crazy! I hope that y'all are staying warm and safe! I always love hearing about all that is going on, keep being awesome :) I'm so grateful to have an email every week from all y'all :)
This week has had many many things happen, so I suppose that I can always start with my highlights! :)
First off, there was a baptism for one of our investigators this last Saturday and it was probably the best experience in my whole life, it was small and just the one old Nanay. It would have been two baptisms, but her sister decided to not be baptized because her children don't want her to be... but anyway, I know she'll be baptized one day, especially since she comes to church every single Sunday :)P And afterwards, she bore her testimony... I couldn't quite understand this little old ladies speaking let alone in another language, but I felt the spirit so strongly and she actually started to cry! The joy that comes into someone's life when they come into this gospel is just so so amazing!!!
While teaching this week we found 15 new investigators and extended 18 baptismal dates... it's so crazy how willing people here are to listen to the Gospel, we'll just see how well they are at actually following through with commitments and finding out for themselves if this gospel is true! I think that it's just hard for them because of the poverty mostly that people don't come to church and don't follow through with all their commitments. But the people here are really so so kind!
What else? OH, I tried some interesting foods this week... Balut, which I have a video if this will let me send it... surprise surprise that it's actually really good, especially when you salt it! xD Second, Adidas... no I didn't each shoes... adidas is chicken feet! Also... really surprisingly good xD And lastly, one that you might actually enjoy is Bola-Bola, the only way that I can describe it would be vegetables mixed with an egg and a few other things and then fried... quite literally my favorite food here so far! That's my food wise adventures for this week!
The language is starting to come very very slowly, and it really doesn't help that everyone is speaking really fast and will try to talk to me... I don't quite understand anything in any conversation... but during a lesson I'm able to understand what my companion is saying! :) Speaking of companion, Elder Q is awesome... he's helped me alot to overcome some of the stresses here and to enjoy learning the whole new language... that and he cooks for me all the time, and is a really good cook! Even if we do have rice with every single meal xD
Scripture for this week is DC 50:24-25... I think that's the right reference :)P But I like how it talks about after we have light, if we keep following Christ and God with all our commandments that we're promised more and more light until the "perfect day" :) I know that this gospel is true and if we truly keep pressing forward and following the things that we know to be true, and strive to learn more... that there is always always more light that we can have in our lives :)
Until Next week! Love you guys so much,
Elder Morris :)

No comments:

Post a Comment